Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Milestone

My site meter shows the average daily visits to my blog  at 200. That's a milestone.

Page views are showing at 474.

Visits are recorded at 5.59 minutes. Views 2.4 minutes.

I am trying not to  be excited by the rapid growth.  I googled to query the difference between pages and views.  I did  receivean answer but I'm not sufficiently literate to understand it.

I know the numbers are increasing.  I also know some logins are hostile. It's hard to guess how many. Sometimes, when three jabs are within minutes of each other,it would appear they are from the same very angry person. I think I know who.  Some comments I don't understand. If they don't appear hostile,I publish hoping the person they are directed to will get it.

My blog has been used to take shots at Chris. I know he can defend himself very well but I don't want this blog to be the conduit. Rather than having to reject the comments, I would rather they not be made here. Chris is my friend.

The Georgina issue  has spiked the numbers.  The biggest jump in the shortest time since  blog began.  Keswickians are definitely an appreciative bunch and  there's a wholehearted welcome on this  mat.

I'm aware my posts are a great thorn in the sides of known Aurora suspects. They are not written with that objective.

I don't get up in the  morning thinking how many of my enemies can I piss off today.

That's a side reward for the time I put in.

I don't expect the blog's topics to appeal to everyone. There has to be aninterest in the town's affairs. My hope is to encourage more people to  become  interested.

If I accomplish that in the smallest degree, I will be content.

That's why the numbers matter.

If they're going up,that can only be good. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment