Monday, February 13, 2012

Tomorrow..... Tomorrow .... It's Only A Day Away

I spent an hour this morning "moderating" comments. I have no idea how the list came to be. I  deal with comments as they appear. Click on publish or delete as I judge best. I  don't double check to see what happened.

I  generally don't print comments that use  a staff person's name. I have become mindful of Google and how it sucks up names to spit them out again on command. The unfairness had to be pointed out to me though.

Politicians names I am not so particular about. A person doesn't get involved in politics if they are shy about seeing their name in print. . If they do they are on the wrong stage. Good reference or bad it 's all part of the territory.

When there's a deluge  of comments ,I tend to publish somewhat automatically.  I noticed  last week, the same innocuous comment being repeated in much the same words.

"Just found the site.Haven't commented before .Just want to say thanks for a great post. Thanks"

I published a few of those before I realized they were spam and stopped.

My time has been focused  on a particular task for several weeks.

Georgina's situation took up time and space.People sent  comments and I responded. It didn't take much creative effort.  Some days the conversation  kept going without  me.

Now I have to re-focus on  town  affairs. I will start again to-morrow.

To-day I need to wrap up what I was working on and shift gears.

No comments:

Post a Comment