Saturday, February 25, 2012

I don't Go There

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Subtlety Is Lost":

An Ethical Question
This morning, I decided to bite the bullet and see what Councillor Ballard had on his Blog, or whatever he calls it. There I discovered a Poll asking about the Cultural Centre and asking me to vote. My question is whether my less than friendly visit should make me decline to vote ? Would it somehow be used to benefit his case? Is it simply a trap? I haven't voted and do not know if he can see if someone votes more than once. Don't know enough about computers. So, what do you advise ?

*****************

I never visit Councillor Ballard's Blog. From time to time somebody will tell me something he has said.

I think it's best for the sake of maintaining civility that  I do not know what he  has to say outside of a council debate.

I've never understood why people who hate me persist in visiting my blog. They are no more welcome than they would be in my home.

But to answer the question about voting on a blog poll. I can't.

An  anonymous person sent the questions to my blog.

Aha,I thought. It may be a trap. So.... I zapped 'em

When The Auroran started polls on line I wondered  what would hinder a person from skewing the vote by casting a vote every five minutes , yes or no, according to one's preference.

Somebody told me  a   second vote from the same computer would not  register.

 I tend to think that would have to be the case. How else would  the process  make any sense?

I tested it  once on a television polls. You call a phone number and state your  preference. I voted several times to see if anybody would catch on.

They  never did.

Huh, I thought, why would anybody pay any attention to those scores? I never had anyway. So it made no difference.

Any more than I am inclined to log in to Ballard's blog. I figure anybody who carried the former Mayor's purse for her wouldn't likely have anything to say on any subject that would interest  me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment