Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Picture Slowly Takes Shape.

It may be I am slow on the uptake. Or perhaps too trusting of the process and the systems of checks and
balances.

My experience of the last Council was unlike any other. To some extent, the same inexplicable element of spite and perfidy were present in the council previous.

It still wasn't enough to shake my confidence that the town's interest did not rest with Council alone.

Provincial laws and regulations and Statutory Officers required on staff meant,to me, the municipality's interest must be protected.

After I finished my last post ,I pondered the point I had made that the Centre board had a lawyer when the agreement was written and the town had none.

The town paid for their lawyer while we had none.

It was only from an e-mail,Councillors received in the days before last Tuesday's decision, we learned the board's lawyer had advised the board and he was a former Councillor.

Even then I failed to comprehend who that lawyer was until he appeared at Tuesday's meeting;flANKED BY BOARD MEMBERS IN THE FRONT ROW WHERE HE COUlD AFFIX HIS GLOWER UPON US throughout the proceedings.

I heard yesterday board members started to assemble at 6,15 pm to ensure front row positions.The significance escaped me I knew only one of the faces.

It was only this morning, I allowed myself to think, if Damir Vranci is the board's lawyer, advising the board as to the merits of the agreement,why would Damir Vrancic not be the only lawyer acting in the matter of an agreement between the town and the board.

Well,foolish me.

Another piece of the puzzle sees to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment