Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's Not Your Place, Christopher

Chris Watts is being critical of me again this morning..

Chris is half my age . His percentage of life experience considerably less than that.

His complaint against me this morning is that I do not read another Councillor's blog.

I read Chris's  blog. I  respect him by responding rationally  to a  rational argument.

I do not cast aspersions on his  personality or his integrity. 

How  does one  respond  to being called "childish" by a person half one's age?

 Am not....Are so...Am not...Are so. ...Thwhack!

That would be childish. No doubt  infuriating .. Possibly ending up with a  bruise or a black eye or two. Most certainly with a loss of dignity. 

So how does  one  respond?

I was thinking with pleasure of  how well residents responded to  quell  the Mormac Hydra rearing  heads again.

Responses yesterday were fast and furious. I published  as fast as they came in. It feels like a task and a  worthwhile endeavor.

Then suddenly, out of the blue,  someone I respect tells me I'm childish.

I read all of his posts.   I never think of him being childish.

I often think  he  has lessons to learn . I don't say so. It would be condescending, patronising and offensive. Life will teach him. Or not. It's not my place.

I don't tell people what or how to think. Only how I think.

Nor, Young Christopher, is it your place to tell me I am childish

Your erudition  in the field of  new or not so new media technology
does not give you that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment