Friday, June 15, 2012

Another Stage...A New Chapter

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Copycat":

Comments don't appear, then they do, but then they vanish.

Indecisiveness and vacillation - just what people want in an elected official.
**************
Everyone  reading  here has to know, I learned how by doing ..
Comments are  part of  it. Anonymous contributors  influence the   content.
By publishing a comment or not,  the picture gains it's definition.
I would rather anonymity than no participation . 
But harsh things have been said here about Councillors  that I would not say.
I suspect they would not be said at all  if names had to be attached. 
I have not been comfortable with it.
It's not fair. .
The string of snark comments is an example to how the blog can be changed by one or more anonymii.
It's not obvious at the beginning. It seems harmless.Then,. emboldened, the pace quickens and  purposeis revealed.
Then  I have to re-assess. .
A couple of days ago a severe comment was made about Councillor John Abel.
Nope, I thought,that's the limit.
I put a halt to snark comments as well  and removed them last night.
I can do that. It's my blog. I take responsibility.
Then the above comment appeared this morning.
After a complaint yesterday  I did not publish  the criticism of  Councillor Abel.
If I am unwary, the blog could  easily be sabotaged .To some extent it has.
It's guerrilla warfare. 
Yesterday's complaint was " Seems it's alright for some Councillors  but not others". 
It's valid . 
So from now on, kindly refrain from making personal comments about a Councillor's appearance and harsh criticism..
Differing opinions on a Councillor's  position or an inconstency are  welcome.
Just because you don't need to identify yourself doesn't mean you can go  hog wild. 
I  will continue to make my observations to reflect the dynamics of the 2012 Council.  My name is out there for all to see.
My  bias and imperfections will  be revealed.
The need to project myself as a paragon of viirtue has never been at the central core of my being.
I don't think I'm perfect, always right, can't do better. I'm content to keep on trying. 
Councillors are people like everyone else,just  trying to do the best they can.
Not filling a vacancy on the newly created Councillors remuneration  committee was decided  on Tuesday night.
I  said I thought  we should be paid just for bearing with each other The snappy response that came with a laugh was" some more than others"
I did talk a lot on Tuesday. I usually do.  But Tuesday was over the top.
No doubt I am  often a thorn in everybody's side
I don't really mind.
It's a price I am willing to pay. 
But I do need to believe, on balance, what I do  is better than not doing it.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment