Saturday, January 28, 2012

Grossi's Mountain ...2

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Grossi's Mountain":

As of Jan 26th, calls to Georgina's Town Hall were told that Mr. McLean was still an employee.

******************
An even more  intriguing situation presents. 
I read the links. I saw  reference to disability.  Also  to Mr. Mclean defending his staff from blame by Mayor Grossi and Councillors for cost  over-runs and design flaws in Grossi's Mountain.

The "mountain" is man-made. Created by fill placed in a corner of the property by invitation of the Mayor.  I am not a reporter. I am going by what I have read. I don't have to check my sources.  While  the story  might seem crazy to any reasonable person, it's entirely plausible to me on the basis of my  personal experience

Georgina is part of the northern-six municipal pact. We  jointly obtained an indemnification policy at a favourable price together.
Staff  and Councillors in Aurora are indemnified against legal action  for decisions  undertaken in the course of their duties. .

Mr. Mclean  could   be eligible for a  legal defense from the town's policy against suit by the Town's Mayor.

I wonder if he knows.

I didn't a few years ago when the deadly duo brought George Rust D'Eye in to advise what could be done about moi. They identified a leak of information from a closed meeting which should have been reported out three months previously and to this day, never was.

A resident informed me the town would have indemnification in place, if legal action was taken against me for fulfilling my elected responsibilities.

So, I asked  about that. In all the  years I had been a councillor the question had never been raised.

But those who must  have known , denied all knowledge of indemnification 

Some time later  I inquired again. Council  learned they would  indeed be indemnified if sued while performing their duties  as elected representatives.

At the same time, we were informed  no indemnification exists to allow staff or council  to litigate against another. We received  a written report to that effect.

Now we know, Georgina Council  had to pass a bylaw to allow the Mayor's legal costs to be paid  straight out of taxpayers' pocket.

Wouldn't that  just take the cake if Mr. Mclean's  defence  was covered by town insurance while the Mayor's  is being paid straight out of the treasury.


A couple of posts back, I told you how the community in East Gwillimbury  filled the Council chamber at a meeting and said;

Enough of this damned nonsense, Mayor Young and Councillor Johnstone, get back into your seats and get on with the job.

I'm paraphrasing but I was there and  that essentially is  what happened. The issue  was a  Code of Conduct  complaint against the Mayor and Councillor Johnstone, filed by the Chief Administrative Officer with Mr. George Rust D'Eye , on hand to advise Council. 

It remains to be seen if the people of Georgina will be more docile than the people of East Gwillimbury
in the face of  nincompoopery in the first order and gross abuse of public resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment